Sunday, October 21, 2012

Easy Temporary Tattoo Nail Art

Hello internet people!

I love doing nail art and I recently lost my nail art guinea pig to overseas travel, so I have been suffering a little bit of nail art withdrawal. I have been spending a lot of time watching nail art videos on YouTube.

I struggle to do nice nail art on my self because it is near impossible to get both hands looking the same quality. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am definitely not ambidextrous. I stumble upon the temporary tattoo technique whilst watching YouTube videos, it basically involves painting your nails, sticking a tattoo on top then sealing with a top coat. Great for getting both hands to look good.

Here are some pictures showing how I did my temporary tattoo nail art.
Start with freshly manicured nails.
I filed my nails, gently pushed back my cuticles and applied cuticle oil.
Make sure you remove the cuticle oil by washing your hands before applying polish.

Always apply a base coat to prevent staining your nails.
I used OPI Nail Envy.

You need to apply a base colour of your choice.
I chose OPI Fly and applied two coats.
Make sure the colour is completely dry before starting with the tattoos.

These are the tattoos I used. They cost $1.

I cut shapes out of the tattoos that I wanted on my nails.
I applied it by placing the tattoo on to my nail then pressing a damp cotton pad on top for 10 seconds.

Thumb with star tattoo applied.

Finished nails with two coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.
I hope you enjoyed my nail art, you can recreate this in your favourite colour and with any tattoos you can find. Remember you can also cut up the tattoos like I did if they are too big for your nails.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment