Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Whatever Wednesday: Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara Review

I have been wearing this mascara for a couple of months now and I am really pleased with how it works. I bought mine from a little makeup shop for around $12 and accidentally picked up the Waterproof version.
I have to say that this is not the best waterproof mascara, it is waterproof enough that it is annoying to get every last bit off when removing your makeup but it still smudges when in contact with water. I have the colour blackest black.

Before and After
You can see from the photos that this formula lenthens, thickens and also adds a little curl. If you look at the bottom two phots it looks like my lashes are shorter with the mascara on buyt this is because my lashes have flicked up. I did not curl my lashes in these photos.

As this mascara gets older I have noticed it starts to clump more, but I have had it for at least 2 months, probably longer.

The staying power of this mascara is quite good, although I have noticed flaking. The flaking usually only happens on days that I have found myself touching my eyes. I have also noticed that because it makes my lashes so long and curled that sometimes my lashes hit my brow bone and the mascara smudges onto my brow,which can be quite annoying if you don't notice this until the end of the day.

I believe that this mascara is supposed to have ingredients that improve lash growth, I can't say that I have noticed this in my self but then again I haven't been looking out for it.

Overall this is a great mascara if you want lots of volume and length. Its great when wearing a full face of makeup, I think it is a little much to wear by itself on days when you wear no makeup except mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment